2020 Georgia Ag Week Photo Contest
Join us in celebrating the many hard-working people and importance of Georgia agriculture by submitting photos that tell the story of Georgia’s largest industry. The contest opens January 13 and closes on March 16.
Photo submissions open January 13, 2020, through March 16, 2020.
Faces of Agriculture
Submit high-quality photos of the people who help make your farm extra special. From cute kids in cotton fields to grandpa and his favorite tractor, submit your best!
Open Pastures & Growing Fields
We’re convinced that Georgia’s agricultural lands combined, are the Eighth Wonder of the World! Submit breath-taking landscape photography that shows Georgia’s vast agricultural lands and resources, including but not limited to pecan orchards, cotton fields, blueberry farms, vineyards and more.
Submit photos that showcase agricultural education. Including but not limited to agricultural literacy, ag in the classroom and school gardens.
For this category, ages 17 and under only should submit photos showcasing their favorite things about Georgia agriculture!
To celebrate the hard work of Georgia pollinators, submit beautiful photos of your backyard or community garden.
ONE WINNER WILL BE SELECTED FROM EACH CATEGORY & ANNOUNCED DURING THE 2020 GEORGIA AG WEEK.
- Only recent photos may be submitted. No print or film is permitted for entry into the Ag Week Photo Contest. LIMIT 5 entries per person.
- Each entry should contain the following information in the description: a) Title of the photo b) Date and location of photo c) A brief (1-3 sentences) description of the photo.
- Only high-resolution .jpeg, .jpg or .png file formats will be accepted for judging.
- Recommended Sizing: minimum 1800 x 1200 pixels
- A photo release waiver must be signed for a photograph to be considered. Please complete the photo release waiver included in the online submission form.
- Photos submitted will be added to a portfolio of pictures for departmental use. Photos may be used to celebrate and promote Georgia’s agriculture. Not all images submitted will be used.
- Photos must be submitted by March 16, 2020.
Georgia Department of Agriculture staff members, including Commissioner Gary W. Black, will review entries. Photographs will be judged on creativity, originality, and the quality of the image. The Georgia Department of Agriculture reserves the right to remove any entries which do not meet contest rules and criteria.
A winner will be selected from each category. Winners will be announced on Georgia Grown social media platforms during the 2020 Georgia Ag Week, March 23-27, and be notified via email.