Have a craving for some classic Eggplant Parmesan? Then try this delicious recipe!
- 2large eggplants, peeled
- 1large egg
- 1/4 cupwater
- 1/4 cupItalian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cupolive oil
- 130 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cupsshredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cupshredded mozzarella cheese
1. Slice eggplant in ¼ inch slices and spread out on paper towels. Sprinkle salt over slices and allow to sit for 20 minutes. (Wipe excess moisture from slices)
2. Combine egg and water in a large bowl, place breadcrumbs in a separate bowl.
3. Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture then bread crumbs. Heat oil and brown slices on each side approximately 1 minute each side.
4. Place ½ cup spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9X13 baking dish and layer eggplant slices placing Parmesan cheese between layers until gone.
5. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over layers and top with mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.