Georgia Grown Cajun sweet potato salad
Deborah Van Trece's Featured Recipe "Georgia Grown Cajun sweet potato salad" from the 2019 Georgia National Fair Georgia Grown Event Stage
- 5 Cupscubed and roasted sweet potatoes
- ¾ Cupchopped celery
- ½ Cupchopped red peppers
- ¼ Cupchopped green onions
- ¼ Cupchopped red onions
- ½ Cupsweet pickle relish
- 1 Eachminced and seeded fresh jalapeno
- 1 Teaspooncreole seasoning
- 1 Teaspoononion powder
- 1 Teaspoonblackening seasoning
- ¾ Cuplocal honey
- 3 Tablespoonsyellow mustard
- ¼ Cupapple cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper
In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, celery, red peppers, green onions, red onions, pickle relish and jalapeno.
In a small bowl combine all seasonings, honey, mustard and apple cider vinegar. Whisk together until blended.
Pour dressing over sweet potato mixture and toss. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
For an added treat add crumbled bacon!