Georgia Grown kale and arugula salad, peanut and sesame dressing
Chef Jessica Gamble's Featured Recipe "Georgia Grown kale and arugula salad, peanut and sesame dressing" from the 2019 Georgia National Fair Georgia Grown Event Stage
- 2 cupskale, torn
- 1 cuparugula
- ¼ cuptoasted peanuts
- 2 ½ teaspoonstahini
- 1 cupcanola or vegetable oil
- ¼ cuporange juice
- 2 tablespoonsrice wine vinegar
- 2leaves mint, torn
- 2French breakfast radish, slice thin
1. Add the vinegar, orange juices, tahini, and ½ of the peanuts to a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. While the blender is running, slowly pour in the canola oil.
3. Add mint leaves to dressing and pulse a few times to break them up.
4. Place the kale in a bowl, and drizzle a little bit of the dressing over. Using your hands, massage kale to break down some of the fibers. Add arugula to the bowl, and toss with the kale and more dressing to coat.
5. Add salt to taste.
6. Place in serving bowl.
7. Top with the rest of the peanuts and radish, and serve.
8. Store remaining dressing for another use.