Georgia Grown Shrimp Ceviche
Chef Christian Perez's Featured Recipe "Georgia Grown Shrimp Ceviche" from the 2019 Georgia National Fair Georgia Grown Event Stage
- 1 poundGeorgia white shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1red onion, diced small
- 1avocado, diced
- 4limes, juiced
- 4lemons, juiced
- 1grapefruit, juiced
- 1orange, juiced
- 1cucumber, diced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1jalapeno, deseeded and diced into ¼ inch pieces
- Cilantro, to serve
1. Bring a small pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Prepare a bowl filled with ice water. Add shrimp, cover pot, and remove from the heat. Allow to stand for about 3 minutes.
2. Drain shrimp and shock in ice bath.
3. Remove the shrimp from the ice bath and cut into small pieces
4. In a medium bowl, place shrimp, citrus juices, jalapeno, cucumber, onion and avocado. Season with salt and pepper, and allow to marinate at least 2 hours before serving.
5. Serve with tortilla chips and garnish with cilantro.