Georgia Grown Sour Cream and Chive Biscuits
Chef Holly Chute's Featured Recipe "Georgia Grown Sour Cream and Chive Biscuits" from the 2019 Georgia National Fair Georgia Grown Event Stage
- 4 cupsself-rising flour + more for kneading and rolling
- 116-ounce container sour cream
- ½ cupfinely chopped chives or scallions
- 1 cupbuttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place 4 cups self-rising flour in a large bowl. Add sour cream and chives to flour, followed by the buttermilk. Use a wooden spoon to combine.
3. Liberally flour a cutting board with more self-rising flour. Turn dough out onto board. Gently knead dough, incorporating more flour until it is not sticky to the touch.
4. Roll or pat out dough to about one-inch thickness. Using desired size biscuit cutter, dip in flour then cut biscuits, placing them onto an ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake 12-16 minutes until lightly golden.
Serve as is, or with your choice of toppings: pimento cheese, country ham, or chopped chives or scallions.