Georgia Peach & Cucumber Salad
This salad will keep you wanting more Georgia Grown!
- 1large English cucumber, 1/8 inch sliced or cut into ¼ inch wedges
- 4peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1lime, one half zested, both halves juiced
- Fragrant chili powder or crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/2 bunchcilantro, or combination cilantro and mint, leaves picked from the stems and roughly torn
- 1/4jalapeño, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cupcrumbled queso fresco or feta cheese (optional)
In a large bowl, toss cucumbers with a good pinch of salt. Add lime juice and zest and toss to coat. Add sliced peaches, jalapeño if using, and red onion and toss once to combine. Sprinkle over red pepper flakes or chili powder. Arrange salad on your serving dish. Just before serving, garnish with cilantro and mint and queso fresco or feta, if using.