Georgia Summer Gazpacho
Cool off with our Georgia Grown Summer Gazpacho
- 2 lbsvery ripe fresh tomatoes
- 1clove garlic
- 1/4Vidalia onion
- 1Anaheim pepper, or ½ medium red bell pepper (or any other mild pepper except for green bell peppers. Something with a tiny bit of heat provides balance but isn’t necessary.)
- 2 tspred wine vinegar
- 1 tspsalt
- 1/4 cupOliver Farm Infused Sunflower oil
- 1/4 cupextra virgin olive oil
1. Peel cucumber and cut into coarse chunks. Halve and core tomatoes and cut into coarse chunks. Peel onion and cut into chunks. Halve, de-seed and de stem pepper and cut into chunks. Peel garlic.
2. Put everything into a high-speed blender and blend on high at least two minutes until the mixture is very smooth – it should be a dark pink color. With the blender still running, add salt and vinegar. In a slow and steady stream, drizzle in the oils, and blend until mixture is airy and completely emulsified. It will turn a bright orange with the addition of the oils. Chill until mixture is completely cool, 3-6 hours.
Serving options: more olive oil and a touch of vinegar drizzled on top, chives, dill or basil, halved cherry tomatoes, toasted crusty baguette, croutons. Can be served in tall glasses for sipping, or in a soup bowl.