Goodson's Peach Pecan Crepes
Todd White's Featured Recipe "Goodson's Peach Pecan Crepes" from the 2019 Georgia National Fair Georgia Grown Event Stage
- 3/4 Cupwhole milk
- 3/4 Cupwater
- 1 Cupflour
- 4 Tablespoonsmelted butter
- 1 Teaspoonmaple extract (optional)
- 1/4 CupOliver Farms Pecan oil ( set aside for crepe pan)
- ********For filling and topping:********
- 1 4-ounce jarhoney cinnamon pecan butter
- 1 jarpeach pepper jelly
- 8 Ouncessoftened cream cheese
- 8 Ouncescandied pecans
1. Combine all the ingredients, except pecan oil, into a blender and blend until all ingredients are incorporated. Chill mixture at least 30 minutes or until needed.
2. Make the filling by blending pecan butter and softened cream cheese together.
3. To cook crepes, heat crepe pan or large flat pan on medium heat. Coat pan with pecan oil. Pour or ladle 1/4 cup of crepe mix into the pan while tilting back and forth to coat the heated pan in a very thin layer - the batter should start to set immediately. When small bubbles begin to form, gently lift corners of the crepe to loosen. Flip over and cook for an additional 30 seconds, then turn out onto a paper towel lined plate. Repeat until all batter is gone.
4. Heat pepper jelly slightly in the microwave, about 10 seconds, for drizzling over the crepes.
5. To serve, spread crepe with filling, fold into thirds lengthwise, or fold into quarters to form a wedge shape. Drizzle with warm peach pepper jelly and sprinkle with candied pecans.