Sautéed Kale and Shitake Mushrooms
We love Kale here at Green Acres Farm Market. Our customer say this kale recipe is amazing
- 2 tablespoonsextra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 poundfresh shiitake mushrooms, stems trimmed, caps thinly sliced
- 1/3 cuplow-salt chicken broth or vegetable broth, divided
- 1 bunchkale, rinsed, stems cut from center of leaves, leaves cut into 1-inch-wide ribbons
- 1/3 cupchopped onions
- 1 clovegarlic cloves, chopped
- pinchdried crushed red pepper
- Coarse kosher salt to taste
Heat 1 tablespoons oil in extra-large skillet over high heat, Add mushrooms; sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper, Sauté until brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
Pour 1/3 cup broth into same skillet. Add greens. Sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper. Toss until wilted but still bright green, about 2 minutes. Remove to bowl and set aside.
In same skillet Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat, Add onions Sauté until beginning to color, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and crushed red pepper; stir 1 minute. Add greens and mushrooms. Toss to heat through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, Serve warm or at room temperature.
This also makes a great filling for your omelets